Sunday, August 14, 2011

Update: Lunada Bay Spanish hits the market

Some of you may remember my recent post on a Spanish home under construction in Lunada Bay (recall that post here).

(Source: NJC)


Just saw that the home was officially put on the MLS this weekend - for, wait for it.... $2.8M!  You may recall from my earlier post that the owner bought the lot near the peak in 2007 for $1.3M and then earlier this year started construction on a 4,000sf, 5 bedroom, 4.5 bath home.  Well, for the curious readers, we now have floorplans!  See below:


(Source: MLS)


(Source: MLS)

As I had suspected, the floorplan is unsurprisingly predictable.  Entry foyer.  Garage on left.  Living room on right.  Stairs.  Central hallway.  Formal dining area between kitchen/family room and living room.  Guest bedroom downstairs is a little unique although in homes of this footprint and demographic, we also see in lieu of a downstairs bedroom, some sort of home office space.  Upstairs, much the same.  Three small bedrooms and a master. Boring. Boring. Boring.  I wonder if the interior has any unique architectural features, because the floorplan sure doesn't!

The listing description indicates that the home is being built by Mulligan Development, the same name that appears on the trust deed for the 2007 sale.  At 4,000sf, I'd suspect the build costs to range in the $750-900K mark depending on finishes.  Thus, the investment basis for Mr. Mulligan is in the $2.0- 2.2M range.  I think the current $2.8M asking price is fairly aggressive - if I were a betting man, I'd guess this trades around $2.2-2.4M tops.  Let's see how it unfolds!

KEY STATS
Location: Lunada Bay, PVE
Style: Spanish
Year built:  2011
Architect: Doug Leach
Square footage: 4,000sf (approximate)
Lot size: 9,780 (67'x148')

6 comments:

properties Philippines said...

I like this post, it was well detailed and I am pretty sure that this house will turn out fantastic. Big thanks.



Charles A

Anonymous said...

this is a great blog i just dicovered. i recognize some many of the homes and have worked on some of the interiors.

2 new homes you may be interested in ; Louie Tomaro home on Via La Selva - Cape Cod
Doug Leach - Coastal Craftsman on Via Solano. I did all the interior design of both and they turned out to be very nice homes in the Valmonte area.
Phil Norman ASID
Norman Design Group

Homes of Palos Verdes said...

Phil

I have seen your Cape Cod work and like it quite a bit. I will be posting on the La Selva Place home as well as the Solano property (the former is great and in scale with the surroundings, while the latter is a bit out of place for the area).

HoPV

jbock220 said...

Small world. I supervised the framing crew that did the Solano house (assuming it's the same house). I was involved in a meeting with Phil Norman briefly during the job. I've got nothing but good things to say about you guys. Never did get back up there to see the finished interiors. Hope all's going well over at NDG.

Jared

Palos Verdes Real Estate said...

Love catching up with the build on your site!

Anonymous said...

Very interesting site. I find I'm in general agreement with most of your comments. Sad the so much effort and $$ is wasted on pure crap.