Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Style matters - part 2.

In contrast to my last post, here's an example where good architecture and siting pays off.  Check out one of my favorite homes in Valmonte. The Moore Residence.



(Source: Google Maps, MLS)


Built in 2003, this Italian home spans 6,565sf on a tree-filled 0.4 acre lot.  The Moores bought the original home in 1999 for $760K, demolished it 4 years later, and erected this beautiful and simple Italian home.  The home was put on the market just one week ago, asking $3.499M and is already under contract.  If it sells at that asking price, it will be the highest price paid ever for a home in Valmonte!  In contrast to the Lunada Bay homes being built in questionable architectural styles that have languished for months on the market, this home, with its tastefully designed facade and elegant interior will soon be sold. 

There's a lot to love about this home.  The facade is simple, understated, restrained.  It masks the true size of this nearly 7,000sf home.    It's nestled by the trees and surrounded by lush greenery.



(Source: MLS)


Even the courtyards are cozy and make you feel at home.  Fingers crossed that this beauty sets the record for Valmonte!  It would be yet another example of how, I'll say it again, style matters!

1 comment:

Liliana said...

Stumbled upon your blog and I'm so pleasantly surprised! I used to walk along many of these homes on my weekend strolls with my mom. We loved walking in Lunada Bay all the way til we couldn't walk anymore, looking at the architecture and daydreaming of sunrises and sunsets in some of those glorious homes. I've since moved to Northern California and miss PVE very much. Thanks to your site, I can visit my favorite places whenever I want!